Thursday, February 21, 2013

Bringing Home Baby..

When Bean was able to come home I was so excited! I couldn't wait to show him his new home and especially his new room that we had worked so hard on. I wanted everything to be perfect. Of course the house was spotless (thanks to mama) so I didn't have to clean or anything. She had taken care of everything for us and I was beyond relieved. The first thing we did was try him out in his swing..He went right to sleep! So sweet!
 
 
Of course we took a million pictures of him but here are a couple :)

 
I wasn't sure how our furbabies would react when we brought Bean home. Mia, our yorkie still to this day doesn't have anything to do with him but Milo, our little shi-tzu mix has found his new best friend! He doesn't leave his side..
 
Bean's first doctor's appointment went well. He had lost a little bit of weight but they said that was normal. At that point he was down to 5lbs 8oz. He was so tiny I was afraid i would break him!
 
Christmas time arrived and although I was kind of freaked out about getting him out at a week old, everyone wanted to see him so I decided not to be selfish. Here are some pics of babies first Christmas!

 
Ej, Isabella, Bean and I :)
 
Isabella wasn't sure what to think about Bean. She continued to poke him in the head. The sweetest thing ever!
 
A couple of days after Christmas, J's sister Ale and her two sweet babies, Emily and Brady came to visit us from Texas! I left Bean with his dada and nanny so I could pick them up from the airport. We had so much fun together while they were here!


 
After Mama and Ale left to go back to Texas, I was absolutely scared to death! How was I going to handle being home alone with him when J worked? Many phone calls to Mama got me through for awhile until I finally became comfortable and got a routine down. The "so called" routine consisted of sleeping part of the day and staying up all night long! He was a night owl so I had no choice to turn myself into a nocturnal Nan. :) I was honestly buying Red Bulls by the case. Aside from being a very expensive habit, I actually became immune to its effects, no shit. We visited the pediatrician a couple more times because Bean's formula was not agreeing with him. We changed a couple of times until we found Similac Alimentum. GODSEND! He has slept so much better and no more crying for hours at a time!
 
January was a great month. Watching Bean grow was amazing. He was changing so much right before my eyes! I am incredibly thankful that he kept his head full of hair! It's so cute! (Even his cowl lick that came from his Dada!)
We decided to visit Papaw for his birthday and we had an amazing time. It was so fun to get out of the house and be with family. I was beginning to become a hermit!
 
Papaw and Alex

Alex and his cousin Tucker! Not too far apart in age :)
 
 


The first month with Bean was eventful to say the least. We have finally gotten a routine down and are very comfortable with our little life. I can't believe how much I love this little guy. It's AMAZING!
 
I'm ending this post with Bean's 1 month chalkboard...
He was 8lbs 4oz and 20 inches long!



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment