Thursday, February 21, 2013

Knocked Up!

04/09/12.. A day I will never forget FOR SURE! I had ignored the fact that I could be pregnant for a few days and I finally decided that I couldn't wait anymore to find out. I called my good pal Nicki and she brought me some tests. (I had to have more than one because I was in major denial). After a few minutes of pacing I decided to go ahead and do it!

BAM!
 

 
No denying that! Of course I wanted to know how far along I was so I drove to my pcp, he ordered labs and after about 2 hours of waiting I found out I was 2-3 weeks! By the way, it is awful to find out that early because the wait for baby seems to take an eternity. When I had finished at the lab I went to J's work to tell him the news. Since there was absolutely no color in his face I had come to the conclusion that he was shocked. DUH, who wouldn't be?! After he figured out that it WAS real, there were lots hugs, kisses and all that jazz..
 
 
The beginning of the belly pics
 

 
Oh how I miss those days! ^
 
I made an appointment at an ob/gyn office that I was referred to and after a month we were finally able to see a picture of Baby Bean! In this pic he looks like a little raccoon. So sweet :)

 
 
Being the pinterest addict that I was, I decided to try the chalkboard idea that everyone was talking about. Our first few chalkboards were awful so we will start with 13 weeks. We purchased our chalkboard at Ben Franklin Crafts in Kingsport, TN. Little did I know that this little chalkboard would become a HUGE addiction!
 

 
 
 
 
07/26/12
 
After what seemed like FOREVER and day, it was finally time to see what we were having! So the deal here is this: I was 100% certain we were having a girl so I told J he could name the baby IF he were a boy. Well of course the ultrasound tech tells us that baby bean is a boy! I was so happy but then I started to think about the deal. Eesh, why did I do that??
 

 


Halftime! Boy was I glad to get to this point. I just remember it DRAGGING on and on and I was just so anxious to meet the little guy, Not to mention the first three months consisted of major heartburn and morning sickness. I'm not sure why it's called this because I was sick ALL DAY and most of the night. Ugh! So gross..The second trimester was pure bliss compared to the first!


 
This seems like a good stopping point for now! Knocked Up Part 2 is coming soon :)
 
XoXo <3
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment