Friday, February 22, 2013

Month 1 Recap

I can't believe how much our little angel has grown. This is Bean at five weeks old. Check out those eyes. I could look in to them all day long!
 
So far, my best friend is his little vibrating chair (shower gift from his auntie Gloria) and the swing that goes with it (from his nanny). He loves to sit in either of them and watch Nick Jr and Baby Einstein movies. This works great for me because I can clean the house, do laundry or whatever else I need to do while he is occupied. He LOVES TV. Not sure if that's a good thing but it works for us :)
 
We were finally able to find a local photographer to take some "official" family pics of us and some pictures of Bean. She did an amazing job and I highly recommend her for any of your photography needs. To reach them by Facebook you can click this link: Shooting Star Photography or you can visit the website. She took way too many pictures to post on here but here a few :)










 
Around this time, Bean gave me his first smile! Not the gassy reflex smile, but the real thing! It was amazing. Technically he first smiled at one of my old coworkers but still he did it. I was one proud mama. Ever since that day, he has been smiling like crazy! I love it when he wakes up in the morning and I walk over to his little port a crib. He always has a big ol' grin on his face when he sees mama. One of the BEST feelings in the world I must say.
 
His favorite position is laying on my chest. I love this and I'm sure that when he gets too big to do it I will literally cry my eyes out.
 

 
After he turned a month old, Bean decided that he wanted to stay up all night and sleep all day! This didn't bother me of course, because I'm a little bit of a night owl myself. During this sleepless time, I took lots of pictures. I think he may have gotten tired of it!

 
Bean is loving bathtime now. Normally he would scream bloody murder the whole time I was bathing him. It made for a very interesting, nerve racking few minutes. After a few times, I became as fast as lightning! In and out, that's my motto :) Here is a pic of his first ever bath. Ah, the memories! This little bath tub will not be used for awhile because he kept sliding down and it was very hard to bathe him. I love it tho, so it will stay in his bathroom for a couple of months. For now I'm bathing him in our bathroom with a normal baby tub that has a foam insert. So much easier!


 
Oh yah, a little word of advice that I learned very quick: I was one of those mamas who thought that I had to buy all of these expensive clothes for baby to just lay around in. NO! I started buying the little Carter's onesies with the feet. So easy and comfortable for baby to lounge around in. Of course when we go out I dress him up in super cute clothes but for the most part, onesies it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment