Thursday, February 21, 2013

Knocked Up Part 2...

Since J graduated from his residency program, we decided to head to Texas for awhile! We loaded up our car, two dogs and put all of our stuff into storage. He wouldn't start his new job as a Hospitalist until October so we had a lot of time for a vacation. Although it was amazingly fun and nice to be in a different place, we had nothing ready for baby. I spent a couple of weeks looking online at places to rent for when he did start his job. I set up a few appointments around my doctor's appointment so I could fly in and kill two birds with one stone. I finally found our new town home and it was AMAZING! After that everything just kind of fell into place.
 
I had to fly back to Texas for a few more weeks because it still wasn't time for J to start his job. For awhile I was too lazy to take the pics with the chalkboard. Dressing up WAS NOT an option unless absolutely necessary and I was not a happy camper with all the maternity clothes I had to wear. I think I actually cried in the dressing room at one point. My poor mama-in-law laughed and laughed at me. After much protest, I left the maternity store with a ton of clothes and at that point I decided to "embrace the bump".
 

These were taken in Texas in my mamas kitchen. Absolutely love how they turned out with the walls and window!


 


 
Our good friends Hector and Pamela put a baby shower together for us while we were in Texas! We had such a good time and are so thankful to them! The decorations were beautiful. Here are a few pics from the festivities..
 
 
 



Pamela and I :)



One of the last pics taken with the chalkboard in Texas.





Naming baby, like I said before, was J's job. He did like my suggestion for the middle name so I was super excited! We decided to call our little bean, Alessandro Sebastian. This chalkboard was our last one before moving in to our new place. 


 
 
We drove from Texas all the way to Tennesse! It was awful! Of course I had to pee every ten minutes and we had to stop for the dogs as well. I will put that one in the books under the LONGEST TRIP EVER! We finally were able to get alot of our things moved in with the help of a few awesome friends and family. Since I was in the car for a couple of days, the chalkboard pic for my 30th week seemed fitting :)
 


First chalkboard pic outside of our new home! I remember J had to take this one a million times because I couldn't get it right. I'm very thankful that he was so patient with me!


 
 
We started SOOO late on the nursery! Here is the pic for that week and a few nursery in progress pictures.
 
 
 
 
Dada working hard getting that crib together because I was about to toss it through the window!
 
 




 
My mama-in-law made these amazing curtains! Absolutely beautiful and we are so thankful for her! She helped finish the nursery when she came up from Texas.
 

He isn't spoiled already, huh?


We decided to do his bathroom in monkeys. I loved this little set from Bed, Bath and Beyond. We also bought the monkey sticker clings, and a few monkey items to set on the sink. So cute!

 
 
We had another baby shower in Virginia for all of my family and friends and it was so great! We had an awesome turnout. Thanks to my sweet cousin EJ, my mama and aunties, the decor and food was a success!
 
 

 

 
There are way to many pictures to post of the shower so here are a few so you can get the idea.
 
Liz and Ej's little one, Isabella

My sweet Papaw, 92 years old :D

A few members of my amazing family

Jerry and I cutting the cake



Love this. He is going to match Dada. Dr. Bean Garcia :)



My two amazing friends, Gloria and Pam!

My amazing helper EJ and her little angel!
 
 
Our first Halloween in our new home! I went to the store and bought a ton of candy. We waited and waited for the kids to show up but noone ever came! We did end up eating most of the candy though so it wasn't a total loss.
 

 

 I started having the weekly doctor's appointments during this time and I could not wait for little bean to get here. After every appointment I would call up mama to let her know what the doctor said because she was going to come in from Texas to help me out with the birth and afterwards with the baby.
 

 
J had to work on Thanksgiving so I went to my mom and dads to load up on some food. The whole time I was pregnant I craved ham, mashed potatoes, rolls and all of that good stuff so I was in HEAVEN when I finally took the first bite!
 
 


 
I'm pretty sure that this was one of my favorite chalkboards because I absolutely LOVE Christamas! This was a couple of weeks before Christmas but I couldn't help myself to do this theme because I knew he could come anytime at this point.
 
 
So mama was given the go ahead and flew up to Tennessee to be with us. I picked her up at the airport and it was one of the happiest days ever. I get home and find out that the OB I was seeing wouldn't be covered by our insurance anymore because it was J's employers' competition so at 39 weeks I saw a new doctor! I was so mad at first but after the visit I felt really good about the doctor who would be delivering.
 

 
Doc decided to check me one more time before we decided he would induce on Monday, December 17th, 2012 which would make me exactly 40 weeks. We went to the the hospital the night before to get everything started, mama stayed with me and J went home because he had to work a little bit the next day. Thankfully he works in the same hospital that I was going to deliver in so he was in an out as much as possible that day..
 
 
Ok so longest post ever I know :) After I catch up, it won't be this bad! So here is the story of my pregnancy and all of the crazy documentation leading up to Bean's birth. 
Next to come.. Labor and Delivery, ah!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment