Saturday, February 23, 2013

Two Month Update and Shots!

It's hard to believe that Bean is two months old now. I love watching him grow and change but it hurts my heart to see it go by so fast. I remember how scared I was when we first brought him home. It's crazy to look back on it because now it just seems like taking care of him is all I've ever known.
 
Now for the two month update:
Weight: 11 pounds
Length: 23 inches
Eyes: Hazel (just like his mama)
Hair: Brown
 
Here are a few pics from his two month chalkboard session:


Bean did so well with these pictures. He is starting to smile so much more and I know it will only be a matter of time until he starts cackling and laughing.
 
Bean finally met his great-grandfather for the first time this week! It was precious. My grandfather is 92 years old and still going strong. He has worked so hard all of his life and has never lost his faith. If Alex grows up to be even half the man that my pap is, he will do alright.
 
Now for shots! This was an AWFUL experience. More for me I think than it was for him. J held his arms for me and I stood in the corner and cried! As soon as he was finished, I picked him up and put his bottle in his mouth. Surprise! The crying stopped and he forgot all about everything. He slept on the ride home and I gave him the first dose of infant's Tylenol when he woke up. He slept off and on throughout the evening but would wake up every half hour or so screaming bloody murder. Poor baby, I knew his legs were sore! I picked him up and rocked him until we went back to sleep each time. He woke up for good around 1:30 am. When I heard him making his little noises I walked over and he smiled really big at me. I was so excited to see that smile!
 I played with him until about 6:00 am and after his feeding, he went back to sleep with his little thumb in his mouth. So cute :) Overall, I would say the shots were a success. Especially after all of the horror stories I had heard. I was more than grateful that he didn't develop a fever. Maybe now I can prepare myself for the next round of shots since I know what to expect. Who am i kidding?! I'm gonna cry everytime.
 
Before the shots..
 
After..

 He was such a brave little toaster :D
 


No comments:

Post a Comment